Sunday, June 23, 2013

Google Map - a Route I Hope to Master (on the bike!) -Wk 1 of #clmooc Intro


View Larger Map
This past week, I joined a MOOC to keep me learning this summer! I am combining fitness, online learning, and connection! #clmooc #clfit

And so, I managed to build an introductory page at Vizify. On my intro, I have added a Vizcard with my #clfit plan of action! I had planned to use Animoto for my Connected Learning "make" introduction; however, I learned that this free site adds less than it once did. I have an inactive subscription there, and so I decided to explore Vizify as many others in this collaborative were bragging about it!

I used Flickr to give an introductory set of pictures to the fitness trail that intrigues me most, at the moment. Enjoy the look!

I am using Google Blogspot and Tumblr to journal my summer story and MOOC learning! I learned the importance of tagging and naming the RSS feed. I am thankful for this project showing me the importance of tagging within blogs!

I am using Twitter (@vanhookc) and Google Plus to connect and share with others in this learning community!

I, also, learned how to set up a column in TweetDeck to keep up with #clmooc posting!

I have learned a lot this week! And so, now, I need to think about hitting the real-time trail!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a pleasure to see this grand follow through. I will be watching closely and marking #clfit as I make my way about the net. I have been using the Fitbit tracker for the last 8 months and while I have my fits and starts with it (no pun) I think it is a valuable tool for getting fitter.

    ReplyDelete