Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sailing on to New Adventures

This puzzle marks the last one done that will be completed in the old SE Polk High School Library. During my six years as Teacher Librarian in this old high school, I have enjoyed watching students and staff share a passion for doing puzzles.

Rarely has a piece been lost (ironically, someone tampered with this one but the true puzzle lovers just rebuilt its scramble. Sorry to say the corner-right piece disappeared). Again I say that has been a rare thing! Maybe someone was frustrated with trying to match the cloud pieces!

These puzzles have brought users to the library to sit and visit while finding pieces. Often when the puzzle was next to impossible, discovering a fit would bring great pride and a feeling of accomplishment. It has been a good feeling to be called a puzzle expert at SE Polk!

I hope as we sail on down the stream to the new high school that I can find just that right spot for a puzzle table. I have packed the new puzzles away - somewhere! I look forward to new beginnings and new friends being brought into the library and to the puzzle corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment